Saturday 10 March 2007

A week in the life of me!

A lot of friends in and outside of the sport have asked me recently "hows the training going" well that's the comment I usually get from people who don't understand the sport, fellow athletes tend to talk numbers more.

Although I was hoping to be working less this year the very buoyant property market has meant I am working more than I had hoped, although I still have more flexibility and am doing more training this year than ever before, well in fact nearly double!

Below is what i've done over the last 7 days and a fairly typical type of weeks training. A bit disappointed this week to miss one of my swim sessions, hoping to build up to 4 swim sessions once the season gets closer, on the whole a solid week.

Saturday
am 2hour bike, 10am-5pm work, pm 1 hour run intervals

Sunday
am 5hour bike on tri bars the whole way, pm 2 hour run off road

Monday
9am-6pm work, pm 90min long turbo intervals

Tuesday
am 1hour swim 4hour bike (out in Oxford, rode the course that I will be racing next week), pm 50min run intervals

Wednesday
9am-1pm work, pm 3hour bike then 1 hour 40min run (hard final hour)

Thursday
9am-6pm work Rest Day (couldn't get up for swimming!)

Friday
9am-6pm work, pm 1 hour swim then 1 hour short turbo intervals

Total hours training 24:00

No comments: