Monday 21 May 2007

Redditch Sprint Triathlon


1st James Gillfillan 58:20
2nd Mike Cornes 59:15
3rd James Lock 59:55
4th Tom Curtis 59:55
5th Darren Treadaway 1:00:20
217 Finishers
Made a last minute decision to head up to Redditch for the first BTA sprint race of the year. The main reason for racing being that my team manager Robert Engers was racing and it was a chance to test out my new steed again.
My swim was sound and certainly better than Lisbon so this is moving in the right direction. I then set about riding through the field and worked my way up to 2nd place but had several guys strung out down the road hanging onto my wheel. I gave a few dirty looks which didn't seem to do anything, then said a few words and they seemed to drop back then a few seconds later they were back on again, where were the bloody draft busters!
Very uncharacteristically for me I lost some time on the run and ended up 5th. The legs were heavy on the run which was to be expected with the volume of training that's going in also the fact I carried the guys behind round the bike course meant they had fresher legs than I did! Anyway I got what I wanted out of the day and that was to have a blast on the new bike and it was awesome rewarding me with 2nd fastest bike split to James Gillfillan and we were the only riders in the field to dip below 31:00.

No comments: